Saturday 11 May 2013

Work Experience


On Monday 4th March 2013 I went to Thumbprint Editions, Camberwell to do work experience for four days. Thumbprint Editions Limited is one of Britain’s leading Fine Art printmaking studios. They do prints for very high end clients such as Tracy Emin and Damien Hirst. While I was there I got to help work on prints for customers such as Mark Quinn and Gillian Carnegie. I had quite small responsibilities like mixing paint, taking prints down and putting prints out to dry but it was really interesting for me to be in a working printmaking environment. Very different from the studio I use at university. The working printmaking environment is very tense and there is a lot of pressure because the customers are paying a lot of money for those prints and they can choose to reject them and not pay for them if they don’t think they’re good enough. Everything’s a lot more large scale and there is so much more pressure for perfection as it isn’t your work it’s somebody else’s, somebody famous! I’m very grateful for the people at Thumbprint Editions for having me I found the whole experience really helpful.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment